“That old September feeling, left over from school days, of summer passing, vacation nearly done, books and football in the air … Another fall, another turned page: there was something of jubilee in that annual autumnal beginning, as if last year’s mistakes had been wiped clean by summer.”
The Kansas City Chiefs and Detroit Lions will kick off in exactly 24 minutes and just like that, Football Season is here. My husband loves sports more than anything and at the Bell Witch Manor, Football season is ushered in with drinks and snacks that we enjoy cozied in the living room. I’ve got Honey Garlic Chicken Wings in the fridge with spicy dipping sauce and will be making Loaded Nachos to go with them. No matter how sunny or warm it is outside, when Football starts in September, it feels like Fall.
I like to commemorate special occasions with good food. I’ve asked my husband to make his amazing homemade guacamole and I’ve got sour cream and black bean salsa to dip our nachos into as well. They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, if so, I’ve got this.
Football Season Loaded Nachos
When I say loaded, I mean, these nachos are LOADED with everything; Ground beef, olives and lots of cheese. The recipe I’m sharing below is for a larger group (up to 10 people) so for today I’m doing 1/2 of the ingredients as I’m considering this dinner.
You Will Need:
- • 1 lb Ground beef
- • 2 Green onions chopped
- • 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- • 1/2 Yellow onion diced
- * 1/2 a red onion diced
- • 1 can Refried beans
- * 1 small can sliced black olives
Baking & Spices
- • 1 Taco seasoning sachet
- •1- 2 bags Tortilla chips (depending on how many people you’re entertaining)
* sour cream
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef in a pan with the diced yellow onion over medium-high heat until fully cooked (about 8 minutes) and drain.
- Return the beef to the pan, and sprinkle Taco Seasoning plus 3/4 cups of water and bring it to a simmer, reduce heat and simmer until the liquid mostly evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- While the beef is cooking, add a generous layer of chips to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon on refried beans, half of whats in the can. Refried beans are thick, but I just added spoonfulls all over the chips as they will spread with the heat of the oven.
- Spoon on half the ground beef onto the nachos.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Repeat all ingredients above with a second layer of chips
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle on diced tomatoes, sliced olives, green and red onions.
- Serve immediately with your choice or sipping sauces.
I’m so excited for Fall and have created an itinerary with lots of fun cozy content so stay tuned and thank you for joining me today.