There’s a little Witch in every woman
Florida Water was introduced in 1808 as “the most popular perfume in the world”. Named after a supposed fountain of youth located in Florida the recipe consists of essential oils in a base of alcohol. Florida Water has been used for years for it’s refreshing healing properties. It’s said to aid in fevers and headaches and also used to scent the home. It’s most popular use however is in Magick, Witchcraft, Hoodoo and Santeria.
Making Florida Water is simple. Just gather all of your ingredients and allow it to cure for a couple of weeks before you used it. For home protection and prosperity, use it when wiping down surfaces or add some to water you will use to mop the floors.
Florida Water Recipe:
2 cups of Alcohol (or Vodka)
2 Tblsp of Rose Water
16 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
12 drops Lavender Essential Oil
6 drops Tangerine Essential Oil
3 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
2 drops Jasmine Essential Oil
4 drops Orris Oil
1 teaspoon of Patchouli dried leaf
Add all of your ingredients to a glass bottle, give it a shake then let it sit in a cupboard for at least 2 weeks. Strain loose herbs before using.
Some Magickal uses of Florida Water include:
1. The stimulating citrus and floral scented cologne is commonly used for ritual offerings and purification. Holy Water can be replaced with Florida Water.
2. Use Florida Water to cleanse items on your altar to get rid of any negative energy. Wiping items down can also help you receive messages from spirits and ancestors. NOTE: When wiping down candles, wait until the candle is completely dry before lighting due to the alcohol content.
3. Also used in spells, Florida Water is used to remove heavy vibrations and to encourage the expression of emotions.
4. Florida water has many calming properties and can help boost moods. Apply on your neck, wrists, chest and neck to feel calm and happy.
5. When seeking guidance from ancestors, placing a glass of Florida Water on your altar will clear the air of any static and interference to allow for a clear reading.
6. Attract love or unblock relationship obstacles by adding a few drops of Florida Water to a bowl next to your bed. Light a red candle while focusing on your desired goal. *Be aware, Florida Water is flammable and should never be placed directly on a candle or too close to a flame.
7. For home cleansings and blessings, mix Florida Water with Basil and Rue herbs and anoint your floors, windows and doorways for good luck, protection, and prosperity.
8. You can also cleanse a room by placing a small amount of Florida Water in a dish and place the dish in a room until it evaporates. The lavender and citrus oils are powerful spiritual cleansing agents, and it will leave positive energy and a light, citrus scent behind.
9. For protecting your home, combine protective herbs, like cinnamon or black cohosh with a little Florida Water. Use this mixture to clean windows, mirrors, and doorways.
10. Cleanse yourself before rituals by adding a few drops of Florida water to your bath.
11. After a bath, dab some Florida water cologne on all over your body for extra protection and a boost in confidence and balance.
12. Bring peace and prosperity into the workplace by spraying Florida Water Spray at our office door and around your desk.
13. After engaging with negative energy, people or environment, wash your hands with Florida Water to clear the toxicity away.
14. If you engage in gossip and would like to stop, apply Florida Water on your throat and heart chakras.
15. When writing your spells out, boost the power by adding some Florida to the ink and paper.
16. Florida Water can be used for scrying and divination. Place a little bit into a dark bowl and gaze into it.
17. Use it in a spritz bottle during hot days to help cool you down.
18. Draw money to you by dipping a cowrie shell in Florida Water, allowing it to dry, and keeping it safely tucked away in your wallet.
19. Mist a little over your pillow and your bedroom to ensure a restful sleep, good dreams, and dream divination.
20. Placing some Florida Water in a bottle with an amethyst crystal. Use this mixture to anoint your hands before shuffling a tarot deck, scrying with a pendulum and before doing a reading with a crystal ball.
Had you heard of Florida Water before? Now you have! If you’d like to incorporate Florida Water into your practice you can easily purchase it online but making it will infuse your own energy into the water and give it much more power. It’s also rewarding to make your own concoctions.
Thank you for joining me today. If you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to my blog and join me over on Instagram @ BellWitchManor
If you feel so inclined to buy me a hot chocolate so that I can continue to create content like this, you can do so here.