Once in a while you just need a sweet treat. For me that means anything with chocolate. These brownies are a healthier version yet don’t compromise the chewiness and rich flavour brownies should have. There’s only 2 of us at home so eating an entire tray is out of the question. Good thing these brownies can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just thaw as many as you want and they return to their fresh out-of-the-oven state.
- 1 small can + 1/2 chickpeas, drained and rinsed. (400ml cans)
- 1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips and more for sprinkling on top!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, blend chickpeas, nut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla,
- Once blended, add in almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Continue to process, scraping down sides as necessary until smooth.
- Once creamy and smooth, take off lid (also remove the blade) and stir in chocolate chips.
- Do not process the chips.
- Pour into greased 8×8 pan and sprinkle with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 23 minutes.
I enjoy these with a cup of mint tea or a cold glass of almond milk.
Until next time.