Today it rained. Hard. All day. After running various errands and shopping into the afternoon I was relieved to remember I had cooked up a big pot of my delicious Chilli last night which meant I didn’t have to make dinner and could focus on assembling the nail polish stands that arrived in the mail this morning and now hold about 60 of my favourite shades.
Once home I didn’t want to step out again into the grey-ness and fog but really wanted garlic toast to go with the chilli for dinner. So what does one do? I improvise.
Here is a quick and easy recipe for Jenn’s Garlic Toast Spread. I will link the recipe to my chilli at the end of this post as well.
You will need:
- 1 loaf of fresh bread
- 1 bulb of garlic finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- Turn on the broiler in your oven to high
- Cut the loaf of bread in half lengthwise or into slices. Whichever you prefer
- In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and spread a thick layer over the bread
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and broil until garlic is browned and bread is crispy
- Serve with my chilli. So good!
Here’s my Chilli recipe https://thebellwitchmanor.com/2016/08/15/jennifers-chilli-con-carne/
Store bought garlic toast? I make my own from scratch.
One Comment Add yours