This Fajita recipe is super easy. Just chop all your ingredients, place them in a pan and into the oven they go! You’ll even have time to enjoy a before-dinner margarita.
- 2 tsp mexican chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 of each: red, green and yellow bell peppers, cored and sliced into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Fresh Homemade Guacamole
- In a bowl, mash 2 – 3 ripe avocados then add
- 1 white onion minced
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce or chilli powder
- flour tortillas
- Fresh homemade guacamole, Black bean and corn salsa, Mexican cheese blend. I didn’t add sour cream (but you can if you like).
- I did my own “skinny” version and served mine without cheese and in a wholewheat pita.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with a light layer of cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, set aside.
- Spread bell peppers and yellow onion onto baking sheet. Top with chicken strips then sprinkle garlic and seasoning evenly over chicken strips. Drizzle olive oil over top then toss everything to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer .
- Roast in preheated oven, tossing once halfway through cooking, until veggies are tender and chicken has cooked through, about 18 – 25 minutes.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and warm in oven during last 5 minutes of fajita filling cooking.
- Once out of the oven, drizzle lime juice over the chicken fajita filling and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve filling warm in warm tortillas with desired toppings